• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

walk behind vacume

affordableyardcare

LawnSite Member
Do any of you guys use walk behind lawn vacumes if so which are the best?

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
They are a waste of time. Do a search, and see what everyone that owns them says.

bayfish

LawnSite Senior Member
I know they are worthless for leaves, but what about parking lots for picking up dirt and cigarette buts? I've got some commercial accounts that could use this service but not big enough for a truck mounted unit.

lawnman_scott

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by bayfish
I know they are worthless for leaves, but what about parking lots for picking up dirt and cigarette buts? I've got some commercial accounts that could use this service but not big enough for a truck mounted unit.
That they will work good for. Evan leaves off the parking lot will work, but not in grass.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
A backpack, broom, and a tarp or flat shovel and bucket are faster, and you don't eat half as much dust, either.

shepoutside

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a older billy goat, it's ok for the parking lots, I use it only in the spring, but I also get someone else to run it, as you eat dust like crazy !!!

OP
A

affordableyardcare

LawnSite Member
Thanks guys i guess that awnsers my question, No walkbehind vacume.

Jusmowin

LawnSite Senior Member
I guess if you can pick one up dirt cheap (like I did) it might be worth it to have around for that odd job. But for the most part my old goat sits in the shed and gathers dust and only comes out about 4 or 5 times a year.