Walk Behind Vs Stander

Love 2 Mow

LawnSite Member
I know this has been debated quite a bit on lawnsite. I am looking to purchase a new Bradley Mower. I am solo in my business and I am 14. I can’t decide if I want a Bradley 48 stand on or a Bradley 48 hydro drive walk behind. Whichever one I choose, it will be my main and only Mower. I currently use a small snapper sit down Mower but one I upgrade I will no longer use the snapper. I have several hills. I am leaning toward the walk behind because hillside stability is more important to me than extra speed. I also liked the scag SWZT and V Ride 2 however those are slightly out of my price range. Any suggestions are appreciated.

OP
L

Love 2 Mow

LawnSite Member
I had decided on the Bradley 48 wb Mower but I searched for Bradley dealers and the closest is 5 hours away from where I live. They do ship but it would be nice to have dealer support. There is only one dealer where I live and they sell Big Dog and Redmax. I am considering getting a big dog alpha 52. Should I go with the big dog? They are similar prices. I could go with the big dog and grow my business and then get a bigger commercial mower. What do y’all think?

EricC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think if you were wanting a walk behind for versatility and dealing with your hills, I'd look for one and not get a sit down ztr because it's the only thing in town.

There has to be something within an hour or so around you that could give you a lot of WB options?

OP
L

Love 2 Mow

LawnSite Member
I think if you were wanting a walk behind for versatility and dealing with your hills, I'd look for one and not get a sit down ztr because it's the only thing in town.

There has to be something within an hour or so around you that could give you a lot of WB options?
There is an exmark dealer and I would go with the turf tracer but that is a little bit out of my price range. I will probably stick with the Bradley.

Last edited:

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
I had decided on the Bradley 48 wb Mower but I searched for Bradley dealers and the closest is 5 hours away from where I live. They do ship but it would be nice to have dealer support. There is only one dealer where I live and they sell Big Dog and Redmax. I am considering getting a big dog alpha 52. Should I go with the big dog? They are similar prices. I could go with the big dog and grow my business and then get a bigger commercial mower. What do y’all think?
You could find something used in good condition. I'm telling you if your in a budget price range it's hard to beat low hour used WB's on Craigslist, letgo, etc. If your even considerin used equipment.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
I know this has been debated quite a bit on lawnsite. I am looking to purchase a new Bradley Mower. I am solo in my business and I am 14. I can’t decide if I want a Bradley 48 stand on or a Bradley 48 hydro drive walk behind. Whichever one I choose, it will be my main and only Mower. I currently use a small snapper sit down Mower but one I upgrade I will no longer use the snapper. I have several hills. I am leaning toward the walk behind because hillside stability is more important to me than extra speed. I also liked the scag SWZT and V Ride 2 however those are slightly out of my price range. Any suggestions are appreciated.
And keep up the good work. Never get discouraged. Keep it pushing.;)Thumbs Up

Top Forums