1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nick858, Jul 11, 2007.

1. nick858

nick858 LawnSite Member

You may find this hard to believe, but here in Central Iowa I have never seen a walk-behind mower in use. The dealers in my area dont stock them either. So my question is...I have a high end property we take care of. We have been using a 21inch Snapper on the smaller parts, but now the small areas just tripled with a new batch of sod coming in. The account pays well, and I dont have a problem buying another piece of equipment, but what should I look for in a wb? Probably need something with a 36 or maybe 48 inch deck. With only one property we would have to use it on, I dont want to spend .
    5k. I have done some looking around, and I cant find much for used equipment within about 3 hours drive time. Is the Hustler 36 a decent piece? We have 2 super z 60s, so I would prefer that brand. Am I going to hate myself going without a hydro? Id like to hear any information.
    Thanks