1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

what walk behind has the best stripes?

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

From what I have read and personally witnessed, I would say Exmark. I think most any brand of w/b would stripe really well with one of those striping rollers that Big League Lawns sells.

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

All Walk Behinds probably stripe well if you are willing to run in the same wheel ruts every time you mow. Personally I find striping pictures look like the blades were dull. My people like angle mowing different directions every time we mow and the "pool table look". The pool table-angles different every time also eliminates driving over the same grass the same way.
    Thanks, Brad

4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I can only speak for my Scag, but it does a really nice job of striping. One of these days I might even remember to take my camera with me and take a few pics.

5. CookTractor

CookTractor LawnSite Member

exmark has an awesome cut due to baffle system under their deck, the striper works well but u have to use the mulch kit with the stripper because your discharge will cover your stripping if u dont

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat's definitely stripe the best and have the best quality of cut!!!!!! I love my Bob-Cat!!!!

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

flex deck. I dont run the same ruts. change them up 2 ways. this way i dont make the deep ruts i see others make. Actualy I would never be able to mow without making stripes. My lesco does them always.