1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NewHorizon's Land, Mar 8, 2007.

1. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

I know its probably on here somewhere but here goes: What is a better model of walkbehind? Specs are listed below. I know it will be a debate but give me the pros and cons please.

The specs are :
    36" deck, gasoline engine, able to collect clippings, easy to service, lightweight, how the height of deck is changed, the increments in the cutting height, a good strip kit needs to b e available (I am sure there is a universal but which is better), the size of the clipping basket.

Thanks in advance,
    Justin

2. NewHorizon's Land

bump to top

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick 36 .....from Better Outdoor Products....IMHO ..There are none better

4. hotrodsnapper

hotrodsnapper LawnSite Member

What exactly are you asking? Do you have a model in mind?

36" deck, gasoline engine, able to collect clippings, easy to service, lightweight, how the height of deck is changed, the increments in the cutting height, a good strip kit needs to b e available (I am sure there is a universal but which is better), the size of the clipping basket.

I'll bite and say a few things:

If you want light, check out a quick 36.

If you want to change deck height easily, get something w/ a floating deck (not very light)

Bagging is pretty limited on WB's, you're limited by the weight you can hang off the side of the machine.

A gas engine and 36" deck--that I don't know if they do that!

J/K

5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Try any commercial brand they all make a 36" Bobcat is very good same with Scag,Toro,Exmark and so on just go with the best service after sale dealer

6. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Toro T- bar IMHO I like em.

7. NewHorizon's Land

Thanks. I dont really have a brand in mind.