1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walkbehind blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Even though leaf season is coming to a close soon, I am thinking about getting a wheeled blower - or walkbehind blower, not sure what to call them -

I had a 8 horse lesco a few years ago and it did a okay job, the front wheel was small and dug in on soft lawns, but overall it blew pretty good.

Wondering what is a good unit to buy now a days, I sold the lesco back in 1999 and just been using my backpack blower since. On some of the bigger leaf jobs a wheeled blower might save me some time....

Also what kind of prices have you guys paid for these things? And where can I see CFM ratings?

Anyone got a good used one they want to sell?

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the Billy Goat. I think they will run you around $950. well worth the money though.

3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Little Wonder all the way, I have a 10 HP and its got alot of power. They may be a little heavier but its well worth the weight for the power.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I thing that dislike about a Little wounder is they don't have a finger adjustable chute. We would have no use for one in this area because we don't have flat lawns.

5. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Last I checked the Little Wonders had a much better warranty as compared to the Billy Goat, 3 years vs. 1 year.

6. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I got us a giant vac . from snapper ,with a 10 h/p last year model. works great !!!!

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think folks tend to gravitate towards the Little Wonder for no other reason than the name itself, but I bought myself a 10 horse bs intek Billygoat for the main reason being that finger-adjustable chute.

If it wasn't for that, I could care less, but that thing makes a BIG difference.

8. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

13hp force blower- i dont think you can beat it. It pushes fine on the grass and it is bad ass. Yep it is a little pricey, like the 13hp little wonder, but it works very well.

9. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Has anyone gathered CFM ratings for these machines? On Billygoats website they have a video of their " Force " blowers against other blowers, blowing on bricks and cinderblocks.... looking at their video, that 13hp Force had WAY more power than any of the others. Even their 9 horse force had more power than bigger units from other companies...... Of course I don't believe everything I see on the internet either!

10. Rons Rightway Lawncare

My lawnmower shop loaned me a brand new 8 horse Little Wonder to try out... now I remember why I was so fast to sell my last one a few years ago! Those things are a workout to push and pull over a lawn, especially one with hills!

799.00$ plus tax is what he wants for it if I decide to buy it, or I could get that Billy Goat Force blower with a 9 horse Robin on it, he said that one would cost me a grand plus tax. Not sure if I want one that bad, not sure how much use I will have out of it when it is so much easier to just go to town with my BR-600