1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Walkbehind prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wanabe, Jul 19, 2006.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Has anyone recently purchased a ExMark or Snapper 48" hydro floating deck walkbehind? Just looking for some ballpark figures on pricing. Thanks!

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

got a tthp last spring for 5099

i believe they are selling for 5599 now + tax

this sport aint cheap

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

the tthp 48" floater with 17hp electric start

why what should i have paid?

4. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I don't know I looked at a 60 with a 23 kawie and they wanted 6899 for it.

5. robby

robby LawnSite Member

I think your price paid is about right. I bought the same model last summer, but it was a demo. I think I recall the new one was close to $5,000. I paid $4,000 for the demo which supposedly had less than 100 hours on it. So far its been a good mower.

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The Snapper is a bit cheaper, but I don't think you can get em with an electric start anymore. Let me know if I'm wrong.

7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought 2 exmark turftracers a month ago,pull start 17 horse kawasaki with floating decks, 5199 each. they are about 100 hours in right now, and my guys love 'em. They are 1 smooth mower with a nice cut.

8. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

I sell the 48" 17HP Kawasaki electric start for $4,500. FOB Dallas Texas.
    Russell

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

So you can still get electric start on a 48" Snapper? According to their web site you can't. Those are great mowers for that price!

10. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

At the beginning of this season I bought a new Snapper Pro Hydro 48" with the accutrack, and absoutly love it. I recently picked up several contracts all in the same housing development, and 9 of them have fences with 40" gates, so I went and got another Pro Hydro, but this one has a 36" deck. Both units are bullet proof. Next season I intend on getting another Pro Hydro with a 52" deck. These units are very well built, and have a great cut quality. The Kawasaki engines are smooth quiet operator, with awsome power. The engines on all of my equipment is Kawasaki except for the tractors, and I wouldn't have anything else. Good luck.