1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Walker 11 HP Kaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcoat, Jul 17, 2000.

1. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

Gentlemen,<br> Firstly, I did the search thing and found a conversion, but no specifics on Walker 11 hp Kaw performance. Here's the question:<br> My question regards the 11 HP Kawasaki Walker. Who has one and how's the performance? I ask because I looked @ one Friday and was impressed with the build and cost compared to the higher-end machines.<br> I'm a one man shop and want to do my research before plopping down the cash ($6,250 w/ 42&quot;) for such a cost.<br> Also, I do &lt;25 residentials, &lt;3 commercials and will opt for the higher end models in the future.<br> You're probably reading this and thinking overkill on the equipment, but I work 40+ @ day job and do lawn maintenance on the side. I want something that makes it easy for the cleanups and will leave lawns like ELM's.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I would not go with the 11hp Walker as it is not a commercial piece of equipment. Minimum to start with is a 20hp. <br>The 20's and up have the ability to add a speed up kit, which will get you moving at about 7 mph. The 20's also have more torgue which is needed for mowing in heavier conditions. The bigger engines are also need edif you get into leaf clean and dethatchings.<br>I would suggest trying a bigger unit first, contact a Walker dealer to see if you can try a 20 hp for a day. I just sold a 25 hp for about the same that you are paying for this 11. Good Luck.

3. OP
    OP
    jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

MOW ED, thanks for the post. I was thinking along the same lines... getting prices on the 20's now.

4. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

The 26hp efi is also a good unit.<p>Karl<br>

5. walkerrider

walkerrider LawnSite Member

Would agree w/ the above. I would not go below 20HP. If you ever have to sell it you'll be glad you spent the extra. It will make your unit more desireable. I have the 25 w/ the 48 deck and its great. I could see the 20 but nothing smaller even if your doing part time work. I would be asking mow ed about the details on that 20hp he sold. It would give you an idea of resale valave of a unit after some # of hours.

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

jcoats - if you want to mow like eric, check out those DC. I've herad only good about those and walkers though, so I guess you'll have to narrow it down using your own criteria, but I'd definetly get a much larger engine that the 11 HP<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

7. OP
    OP
    jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot for the information guys. It appears the twenty's in my sights now. I'll just have to add more customers to help with my equipment costs...