Lawn Care Forum banner

walker 48 ghs mulching blades anyone

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  walker-talker 
#1 ·
has anyone tried mulching blades on the 48 ghs? is their enough room ? they would sure help with fall clean up. Just got " mow more " book in the mail box today. Their brand of blade is grasshawg mulching blade . anyone use them, or any other blade on the ghs decks ? www.mowmore.com

#2 ·
I run gators on my 48" GHS deck. I had to grind one fin on each blade to clear the deck. I have heard that this problem has been resolved. It did seem to pack more grass/leaves in the deck, which in turns means less frequent dumping.

MATT

#3 ·
I ran an off brand gator type, and had to grind the top of the sails as well. they shred leaves well, but there wasn't enough lift to leave a fantastic finish.
I'm going with regular blades this leaf season.

#6 ·
I have a Walker 42" GHS mower and just orders me some mo-megs blades... I am using standard walker blades right now... hoping this will give a cleaner cut in thick grass and not put as much strain on my engine with the double blades with mo-megs...

has any-one used mo-megs on there walker?

#10 ·
I don't understand, if the blades swing....how are they going to stop from hitting each other on the GHS deck?

MATT

#13 ·
Originally posted by KDLAWN
got my mo-megs lastnight .. try to install today and let you know more about them later on this week
Great....will be looking forward to your opinions!!

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.