1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Walker aftermarket air filter system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS02, Apr 3, 2005.

1. DLS02

DLS02 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where to get an aftermarket air filter system for a Walker that is similar to the Donaldson or Nelson air filter systems?

Daniel

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

YES, I would like to know, also.

3. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

I don't, but I'm wondering why you want to change the one that comes with the unit. Just curious!

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Umm... dont they come with the donaldson air filters :dizzy:

5. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to order a kit from a Walker Dealer.

My 96 mod MT did not have the Donaldson air filter system on it when I purchased it. I did later that year get a kit from my Walker dealer.

It cost around $300 and had to do some cutting, and grinding on the frame on the dump box. Not too hard to, but kind of a pain.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

If you have a Kohler engine, Kohler has the canister filter and a mounting kit for most, if not all models of their "Command" engines. It might take a little modification to make it fit a Walker. I thought al Walkers came with the canister air filters. At least since 1998.

7. Mower Man

Mower Man LawnSite Member

PM me or Email me:jabsao@msn.com (put 'air filter' in subject) as I have couple spares.

They work!