• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Walker and side discharging

Scott's Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Senior Member
I have always used the ghs deck for bagging and cleanups. The ghs deck always leaves a great cut but with grass clippings becoming harder to dispose of , how good are the side discharge decks work ? Do they disperse the clippings evenly and what size side discharge deck works the best ?

OP
S

Scott's Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Senior Member
I have always used the ghs deck for bagging and cleanups. The ghs deck always leaves a great cut but with grass clippings becoming harder to dispose of , how good do the side discharge decks work ? Do they disperse the clippings evenly and what size side discharge deck works the best ?
It should read ( how good do the side discharge decks work ) .

MOturkey

LawnSite Silver Member
I have a Walker with a 48 inch side discharge deck I bought used last summer. It, in my opinion, does a beautiful job of cutting. I've never used the GHS, so can't compare the two, but am quite happy with my side discharge.

ACEMowing

LawnSite Member
The 48" discharge does fine but it's hard to discharge a nicer lawn in my part of the country (bermuda grass) The newer 42" mulching deck (with all the vents in the front) does a pretty awesome job if you think of going that route.

David Grass

LawnSite Senior Member
The 52 is great, and it gives you much better hill stability, I have used it for 14 years. I am getting a Super B in a week tho, so that 60 has gotten great reviews, but is only paired with the Super.

Oak Hill Contractors

LawnSite Member
We have 2 74in decks with 26hp efi walker. They work great! it doesn't clump unless its really wet. In fact it blows better than 61in grasshopper 322d. Scalping isn't a problem. We can usually run about full speed too, unless grass is real tall wet or yard is rough.