1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Walker B model

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Patriot Services, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Walker looks like it has come out with a propane powered 36" B model mulcher. I have been an anti Walker model even though I had a GHS many years ago. My FIL is purchasing one of the propane b models and I'm seriously considering one for my high end lawns. I'm already buying 3 Hustler Trimstar to replace my crew of multiple mowers for 4000 sqft yards with gates. Any thoughts on the Walker and are the Hustlers available in Propane or would they need conversion. If so who has a kit and the ease of conversion.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Walker says EFI has a smaller carbon footprint than propane. What advantages are you seeing to propane?

A model B with a 36" is going to require a narrow drive tire, a 42" deck is a better option, if you can clear your gates.

3. Patriot Services

Nope. 36" gates every where. That's why I need true 36" width. I'm not sure about the EFI claim. I haven't seen any used in warehouses or forklifts or confined areas. FIL likes his gas. Powers his pool heater, appliances, grill, and whole house generator. I've abandoned my need for one. The TS cut quality is awesome and it would just be overkill for what we are doing.

ericg likes this.
  4. MoWinmoneyy

MoWinmoneyy LawnSite Senior Member

ericg likes this.
  5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Click on the video EFI , whats the big deal on the model B page on Walkers website. Propane is 40% less efficient than EFI 9.2 ton of carbon a year vs 5.6 for the same tractor.

6. Patriot Services

How about because it's what he wants. I want it on my TS's to get more life from the engines which is beyond dispute and as a selling point. We have a fairly large green community around here. Fact or fiction it's still believed to be cleaner burning.

ericg likes this.
  7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Typical liberal thinking, facts don't support the narrative, but we feel good..lol.

8. Patriot Services

:D:laugh::laugh: you think I'm a liberal because I want to exploit the beliefs of liberals in this area. :laugh::laugh:

ericg likes this.
  9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

So bolt a propane tank on the back of a 23i, you'l be good to go.

OhHeyAlan likes this.