Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone purchase a walker Comfort Seat lately? What did you pay and was it worth it? Trying to decide if I should buy one. I like the suspension seat but was told very expensive. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Anyone purchase a walker Comfort Seat lately? What did you pay and was it worth it? Trying to decide if I should buy one. I like the suspension seat but was told very expensive. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
I bought one last year. Its just OK. Wish I still had the standard seat. The comfort seat has a canvas type covering and absorbs water fast. You get a little shower and your butt will be wet the rest of the day until it dries out. Putting a garbage bag over it all the time is also a big pain. Forgot what I paid for it but it was expensive.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My comfort seats are all leather with arm rests....love them...could sit in them all day no problem...but what i did was when i bought my new walkers i just told them to throw in comfort seats, lights, speed up kits, and and extra set of blades and you got a deal...and they will usually go for that everytime...but i do like mine and im sure your body would appreciate it also

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have A Comfort seat. bought it last year. dont remeber price $300 +. anyway. one of the best EXTRAS i have bought. hands down 1 million times better than the standard seat. i have an enclosed trailer, so i have no experience with trashbags. worth the $$$.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the Walker suspension seat. I'm not sure if that is the same as the comfort seat.

I love the suspension seat and will never by another mower without one. My back used to hurt like crazy at the end of the day. No more. The seat is great.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My dealer sells both walker and gravely and the Grey colored Gravely suspension seat is exactly the same as the black walker suspension seat but only cost 499.00. Walker just likes their stuff more. and besides Black colors don't feel good in the hot sun.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Love the comfort seat, got one on my new walker a month or two back. Have had the same cordua seats on most of my machines for years now. I use an open trailer and get rained on frequently. They do NOT hold water at all, matter of fact the seat dries out faster than my shirt does if it's wet. If it's just rained I keep a bath towel in the truck, and throw that over the seat. It soaks up what little water is in the seat and by the first hopper dump I can usually toss the towel back in the truck. I do this with the cordua seat on the Grasshopper too.

The cloth, even though it's black, is a LOT cooler in the summer sun than black vinal. What ever FOOL thought black vinal was a good idea for seat covering on outdoor power equipment should be forced to sit on a pancake griddle and feel our pain.

If you get one (the walker comfort seat) and would like ARMRESTS, I have a set, brand new I'd like to get off the shelf in my garage. Let me know...

·
Banned
165 Posts
I have Comort seats for my Walker, and they are worth it. They do wear out after 3 or 4 years if you leave em out in the rain, the cushion part shrinks, atleast it has on the used one i bought, but for all i know maybe a bigger person always sat on it and wore it out but my new one thats 3 months old still feels the same, but since i have an enclosed trailer they never get wet. Also both have arm rests, and I use them mostly for when working on hills and slopes so you have something to keep you on the seat.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all your help. Any idea what the are selling for?? I guess I could call my walker dealer. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
thanks for all your help. Any idea what the are selling for?? I guess I could call my walker dealer. Thanks again.
From my invoice on my new machine I bought 6/21/08

Comfort Seat, LIST: $369.00 Dealer sells them here for $300, and if you put it on when you buy the machine they give you a $100 credit for the standard vinal seat. That makes it $200 total.

As I said, if you buy one and want armrests dont be afraid to ask. I'm just going to put them on Ebay this winter anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.