Walker conversion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bajabodin, Jun 28, 2008.

  1. bajabodin

    bajabodin LawnSite Member
    Messages: 25

    Does anyone know if a Walker without the GHS system can be converted to have a GHS? Someone has one for sale and I am not sure of the model number, age or condition; would like to find out before going any further with this. Thanks for the help
  2. ztrlvr

    ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US
    Messages: 102

    Sure. Walker has a great parts replacement program and support.

    But you would need to buy a new deck, provided you don't have a GHS deck. Add a blower, idler pully for blower, 2 pulley's, discharge chute, a new catcher box(full assembly). Tap into harness(that part might exist on harness, not sure) for powerfil motor and full signal horn. Update to a new rear bumper. And remove the plate on front body.

    That being said-wait for a GHS model to come up for sale.
  3. Itsgottobegreen

    Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,177

    So not worth the effort unless you had a donor machine.
  4. gene gls

    gene gls LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,213

    I do not belive the SD model can be converted to GHS. The frames are different.
  5. bigclawn

    bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 413

    not true---all original walkeer sd units can be converted--but it's pricey
  6. bajabodin

    bajabodin LawnSite Member
    Messages: 25

    thanks for all the input. You have answered my question. really appreciate it...

Share This Page