1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

walker cutting off

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by broken leg, Dec 20, 2003.

1. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I have bough a new walker and you will be going along and the motor will start to die you move the speed-control a little and it will start back up it's like you cut the switch off and then all of a sudden cut it back on. I have not had a chance to get it back to the dealer.

2. TEXAS DEALER

TEXAS DEALER LawnSite Member

sounds like a safety switch, but make sure you are sitting all the way back in the seat to activate the seat switch.

3. broken leg

Thank You I will try that.

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Walker's have more safety switches than you can shake a stick at. At any given time one will usually be malfuntioning.

5. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

Check the seat saftey sensor first then the sensor on the forward control....

6. broken leg

I will not have a chance to check untill tomorow and did not know there was a sensor on the forwar seed control. Funny you should mention that I opened it up to show a friend of mine and it would no start back after playing around with it I pulled back real har on the forard control and it started thanks for the idears.

7. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

mine was doing the same thing. the dealer ordered me a 7 amp circuit breaker and a heat shield defector. I've been problem free for yhe last 2 months. kane