• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Walker deck install help!!

sydanna Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
I removed my deck today (48" GHD) to do some cleaning & now I can't get the shoot to line up into the fan housing thingy whan I tried to install it. The shoot needs to go a bit higher to line up but it hits the underside of the mower... what am I doing wrong??!! Everything else is fine, guide pins, drive shaft etc,,, I only have 15 hrs on the mower so I'm hoping that I am just having a stupid moment. Please help!!:dizzy:

AzLawnMan

LawnSite Senior Member
There should be a spring that helps lift the piece so that its a little easier to get in. Without that spring you will have to use a long piece of metal or something similar to push it up and down to get it adjusted right. Takes some practice it probobly isnt lined up straight is all.

MJB

LawnSite Silver Member
The spring is there. I have had it off & back on once before without incident. I am puzzled.
I used to carry 2 qts of oil. I would slide one under each side of the rods to hold them up a little which made it easier to line up. Then I had a long CatsPaw as I slid the deck back I could push down or lift up a little on the grass tube . Sometimes it works everytime and sometimes you got to fiddle with it. Just improvise and make something that works for you.

T-Made

LawnSite Member
My 06 Walker does this also. You have to ease the deck down with one hand holding the deck handle and reach around & push blower tube down a bit with your other hand .

OP
sydanna Lawn Care

sydanna Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
Thanks everyone for the help & suggestions, ...It's not like I am just having a difficult time getting it in, I get it right up to the point where the shoot almost goes in but it can't position high enough to insert into the blower. It hits the bottom of the machine, like there isn't enough clearance ##!!%$,

musselman

LawnSite Senior Member
as you push the deck on reach down and pull up a little bit on the spring. This will lift the tube up just enough to set the tube in the blower. goodluck

OP
sydanna Lawn Care

sydanna Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
if it's any indication of how much frustration this has caused me, it's my spelling ... shoot, shute, chute ... that frigg'n white plastic thing that transports the grass clippings from the deck to the blower...:cry:

OP
sydanna Lawn Care

sydanna Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
I think I just may have figure it out... are the two tabs at the bottom on the blower entery supposed to be bent the same? One is almost facing forward, & the other is facing almost straight towards the floor. When I stuck my hand to check it out, I realized that the chute has to go between the tab & the housing. I just want to check before I start bending it back. Its gotta be it :clapping: