1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

walker deck interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by zebiraross, Jun 24, 2014.

1. zebiraross

zebiraross LawnSite Member
    from ut

Hi guys,
    Will a deck from a Walker 93 ghs fit a Walker 2013 ghs?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. loveitgreen

loveitgreen LawnSite Member

You'll probably need to change the shaft. I'm not sure what year it was, but somewhere in there they changed from a square shaft to splined. Other than that, it should work.

3. zebiraross

from ut

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

A 1993 deck is a fixed deck. I doesn't tilt up. The deck mounts are the same. The rectangle drive shaft on an old machine will hook up to a newer machine if it has the quick coupler collar.

5. zebiraross

from ut

If it doesn't have the quick coupler collar can that drive shaft be replaced with one with a quick coupler collar?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I just looked at my oldest owners manual which is a 1993 and it shows the shaft with a quick coupler. I seem to remember a conversation that I had a long time ago with my dealer about older Walkers that had fixed shafts on the tractor side where it made it a pain in the butt trying to change decks and having to line up each half of the shaft. I may be wrong on older Walkers having a fixed shaft.

7. zebiraross

from ut

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

The older models did have a square drive coupler that was held on with a spline and set screw. They make a square drive coupler with the quick connect collar.

9. zebiraross

from ut

Great, thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device