• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Walker deck size.

cantoo

LawnSite Silver Member
For the lawns I cut a 42" would be all I would put on it. If you cut often it might handle a 48" but make sure to keep the engine clean to prevent overheating. I have a 20 hp with a 48" sometimes I wish it had more hp. I also have the little Kubota diesel but I have never cut grass with it.

[Edited by cantoo on 12-20-2000 at 03:55 AM]

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
I agree with Cantoo and wouldn't go higher than a 42. The question I have for you is, Do you have a 16 already or are you thinking of purchasing one?

If I can suggest the 20 as the minimum for commercial mowing for a few reasons, more hp is more efficient and can run more attatchments. The 20 can have a speed up kit attatched. The 20 is the minimum. If you can swing the 26EFI you wont believe the difference and you can run anything that Walker sells. I run a 26EFI with a 42" deck and it pulls sap out of the tree roots;) If you need more info - e mail me. Good Luck