Walker Dumping?

classy

LawnSite Member
How are you guys dumping your walkers on site, without a dump truck/etc?

I am currently using 55 gallon contractor bags, which is OK, but some still falls on the ground and I usually have one last bag to get it off the ground on a 5-10 bagged situation.

The 55 Gallon contractor bag, has to be hand pushed into the bag, which is alot faster than dumping on the ground then picking it up, but slower than having a setup to just drive up/dump and go. This way works OK, but I would definitely like it to be faster.

CircleC

LawnSite Senior Member
I dont have a Walkler, but I do have a Navigator. I have been using large tree bins. I got them from planting large trees. I do get some on the ground but not too bad. Use a shovel to get out and just pick up and dump in the back of my truck. Usually get 2 bins out of a full hopper. Another thing I do is put a tarp on my trailer and back onto trailer and dump that way. I have a 16 ft landscape trailer, so plenty of room. Works great in the fall when doing leaves. Shoveling at the dump is always a bastard! Gunna get a dump bed/dump truck someday....

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
Before I had my high dump I used the Walker dump bins, which I was real pleased with, and will go back to on my next Walker. Prior to that I used a couple rubbermaid containers, maybe 30 gallon or so size? They were cheap and easy. Just set them on the ground behind the mower, tilt the hopper back, then dump the bins into the pickup.

Other methods I have seen are to dump on the trailer, dump next to the truck and shovel in with a pitchfork, or use a leaf loader.

fireman gus

LawnSite Senior Member
Before I had my high dump I used the Walker dump bins, which I was real pleased with, and will go back to on my next Walker. Prior to that I used a couple rubbermaid containers, maybe 30 gallon or so size? They were cheap and easy. Just set them on the ground behind the mower, tilt the hopper back, then dump the bins into the pickup.

Other methods I have seen are to dump on the trailer, dump next to the truck and shovel in with a pitchfork, or use a leaf loader.
Same here. After the last dump we just go over that area again to pick up what is left on the yard.

RGM

LawnSite Senior Member
I put a tarp in the back of my truck and dump on that and just pull it out at the dump if its to heavy use pitch fork and unload some first.

CJCuttingEdge

LawnSite Member
I had a gate installed on the front of my trailer all ya have to do is lower tailgate on truck lower ramp on front of trailer and back mower into the bed of truck and dump... works great when working alone with wet grass etc also works great for loading wheel barrows of soil into the truck!. Otherwise just dump onto a tarp next to the truck and muscle it into the bed its faster

OP
C

classy

LawnSite Member
@CircleC - I think that tarp would get too heavy on new lawns, ppl have a big habit of calling me once their lawn is 2-4 feet. I couldn't move it by myself without risking throwing some important body part out of place, lol.

@KS-Grasscutter - I'd love to have a High-Dump, very hard for me to justify the cost though.

@CJCuttingEdge - Yes, MUSCLE is the word. I'm getting up in age, if this was built like a workout machine, it be great, but these things are awkward, and injury comes quick without notice, and stays a long time. Been there done that, still have the slight residual pains.

@SDLandscapes - I really like this bag, I could dump straight in such a large flattish bag, then pickup and dump in a 55gal, bag/container (with a hole cut in the bottom, "Ancient Moorish Secret", tie up, then pull the container with bottom over the bag, and there you have it bagged, with least amount of strain.

Thank you all for your input.