Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering the difference i was quoted $8500. for the 20 hp and $9500 for the 23 hp with the 42" ghs deck.what so you all prefer and is one more reliable then the other from your experiences.thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i was just wondering the difference i was quoted $8500. for the 20 hp and $9500 for the 23 hp with the 42" ghs deck.what so you all prefer and is one more reliable then the other from your experiences.thanks for the help
20hp should be fine with the 42" deck.
Question... Why not go with the 23 hp and the 48" deck.? You should get that mower at 9500 or less. Both are very good and very reliable.
Just make sure you do not deal with ACE power.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i would suggest giong with the 26 efi i know thsi wasnt mentioned in your original question but were i work we run the 26 efi with 74 and 48 inch decks no problem on any of them (better on gas) to but we also plow with the 26 efi also.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the 20 hp and it does a fantastic job day in and day out. Got mine with 52 hr.s / The walker ball cap / dvd / and orig. bill of sale for 6500.00 (it was as new).
God is Good

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I agree, if you plan to stick with the 42" GHS deck, or discharge, the 20 hp is more than enough power. It's really plenty for the 48" GHS/discharge decks as well. I have the new 23hp MT with a 48" GHS and I really like it. I never had a problem with the old 20hp though. I just can't understand why so many people push for the higher Hp engines on a 42 or 48 inch Walker. Just dosn't make sence, nor does all the liquid cooled models. For the price difference you can pay for a new engine when it's needed and end up ahead in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.