1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker jackshaft price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Jun 2, 2002.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone know the price of the jackshaft that the idler arms hook onto? It is item #48 and part number 8273 It's a 3/4" x 7 1/2" shaft. I already have the bearings but now that it's apart I can see the shaft is worn a bit and I might as well replace it all. I'm going to drill the housing and put a grease nipple on it, maybe it won't happen again.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

cantoo,

I put a grease fitting in mine 5 years ago, so far so good ,over 2000 hours sence. Just don't over grease it, the grease will ooze out and get on the belts when the ideler gets hot .

Gene

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah thanks, I'm not sure why they didn't put a grease fitting there, they have them everywhere else. I already changed the idler arm bearings because I thought that was the noise, should have taken a closer look.

4. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The newer models have grease fittings on them. My 2001 does. My 1996 model did not have them, but does now after I had to replace bearings.

As for cost, figure on $300. :) Seems like everytime I had to upgrade something on my 96, it cost $300. Donaldson air filter, wide tires.... etc, etc.

Jim