joeplazek

LawnSite Member
I have a problem with a 2000 WALKER with a KOHLER CH26S EFI (1300 hrs) and just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and repaired it. In the beginning of the problem the mower would cut for 20 mins or so and then go into what seemed like a limp mode. Engine would run rough no power no visible change in exhaust emission. Switch the ignition off and wait a second then re start and runs great. Would cut for another 15 to 20 mins and then do it again. The codes came up oil temp sensor. I purchased a new oil temp sensor and thought I was done. Nope, next cut same thing. Checked codes again , now I was getting LAMBDA code 33. So I thought Oxygen Sensor. Ordered a brand new one and installed it. Next cut same old same old. I have changed Fuel Filter , Spark Plugs , Air Filter. I have checked fuel pressure (40psi) Although I didnt check fuel pressure while the engine was in its funk because I wasnt set up yet. I have not been to a dealer yet that has Kohler diagnostic equipment although I can only get the mower to break down while working it and cutting. I believe its going to be something simple but what am I missing?? HELP !

joe

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
My first guess was a bad coil but since it starts right back up it must be something else.

I have a different Kohler EFI. Most of my issues have been around grounding issues. Does the charging light come on?

Have you tried googling googling Kohler CH26S issues?

My dealer is pretty good but they seem a bit baffled by EFI stuff.

OP
J

joeplazek

LawnSite Member
I have thought coils. Have not changed yet but its worth a try. I did search the web for some info but its so old most are gone and forgotten.

OP
J

joeplazek

LawnSite Member
I have read through the service manuals and have tried most suggestions there. Grounds seem to be an issue that comes up on a regular basis so I am going to run those as well. Its going to be something small I am sure but finding it is the real issue.
joe

Johnagain

LawnSite Senior Member
We just had a ECH-749 doing almost the same thing on a Scag. The diag light would come on when it stumbled but wouldn't leave codes. Most of the time it would recover on it's own after 5-10 seconds. Unfortunately we could not hook up fuel pressure gauge without removing Hydro pump so we just replaced it. We reset ECU and problem went away. Test yours again with fuel gauge and see if you are losing pressure.

Top Forums