• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Walker mower and the snow plow

steveo01111

LawnSite Member
hi guys
i know this might belong in a snow forum but it also involves mowers anyway i was wondering if any of you have the snow plow for the walker mower not the snow blower i dont get that much snow to need the blower...if you have the plow do you know if it fits on the MD diesel models and about how much did you pay for it .....thanks for your help

if you happen to have pic's of it on your mower please post

clean_cut

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'd like to see some too :)

great setup. We do "plowless" snow removal in north jersey....better quality, no risk for damage, etc. Mainly with Toro Snow Commanders....added this to our fleet this year. 2004 Walker GHS Diesel....with both plow and snowblower attachments. The plow will indeed fit any walker model if you have the power hitch attachment. Works awesome. Pushes great....so much better than expected. I put the Carlisle Fast Trax on my machine....amazing traction. What we do to speed things up in light snowfalls-I angle the plow and start on one side of our larger driveways and have a guy follow right next to me and blow that crap up and out of the way. Turn around, reangle the plow, and do it again. We can pound out 2-3 inches of snow on a nice large circular driveway in NJ in about 10 completely shoveled up and looking awesome. Great setup. Pics are crap, but my blower pics on the machine are in another Walker Forum if you search them out. And there is rubber on the plow....does an awesome job that way. I let it extend out past the edge of the plow about 2" on both sides to ride curbs without nicking up my blade and making a bunch of noise. Cost...came with machine when I bought it used...but you can find one for under 500 easily on craigslist if you find a guy who thinks its useless to him.

DSCN5023.jpg

DSCN5024.jpg

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
Nice plow, does it power angle?

no...not yet...but the goal is to add another actuator on the plow and add a power angle feature for next season and use the additional circuit and switch to couple with a chute motor on the snowblower attachment to turn the chute quicker when blowing snow. The stock manual crank is too damn slow when you go to turn around

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
I used to have an old 4WD Kubota F-2400 with a plow and you couldn't stop it even in 20" of snow, and that was with turf tires....I will miss the old Kub this wknd. (12" to 25" in B'more-DC)

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
How hard is pushing snow on the Hydro's? I have model B which have lighter duty Hydro's, I would be afraid of snagging something with a blade and taking out the Hydro's.

RAZOR...sounds crazy...but I am so jealous of you guys down there...must be raking in the cash if you do snow...and I hear there is another one coming mid week for you guys...lucky bastards. Anybody down there looking for some extra help this weekend? I'll pack up and bring my show on the road like the damn circus!

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
RAZOR...sounds crazy...but I am so jealous of you guys down there...must be raking in the cash if you do snow...and I hear there is another one coming mid week for you guys...lucky bastards. Anybody down there looking for some extra help this weekend? I'll pack up and bring my show on the road like the damn circus!
Now that's funny! If it gets too deep around here I may take you up on that road trip. The big Landscape company's mostly use these articulating loaders (CAT 950 etc.), and I'm sure they're makin some serious coin this year.