1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower Feedback

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MIDDLESEX LANDSCAPE CO., Apr 27, 2008.

1. MIDDLESEX LANDSCAPE CO.

MIDDLESEX LANDSCAPE CO. LawnSite Member

I am interested in the walker mower do to the avalibility of using it durring all 4 seasons, i need something that stripes well and sucks up the debris on the lawns.

Only thing i am hesitaint about is that I hear they dont go fast ,

can anyone give there experiances with walker good and bad point

rick

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

i sold my Billy Goat HTR1600 to someone on this website since our Walker purchase last season;because the Walker is more efficient at mulching leaves & does not require two employee's to operate like a Billy Goat. The result? Walker has allowed us to reduce our labor costs while taking on more accounts, I also just got a 62" SD deck, and will be able to run both a 42"GHS deck & 62"SD deck with one tractor. Also nothing can provide a better manicured vacuumed look period. To address the speed issue, the rabbit & hare analogy applies here. While the Walker may be slower to a "midmount" speed demon, the Walker slower pace does not require a double cut, also the front mounted deck & ability to trim with both sides of the deck or under fences or trees, shrubs etc makes the Walker faster in the end. It's compact design; height, width, lower operator position makes it possible to enter & exit a 42" gate with the smaller GHS decks or with an optional wide area SD deck can manage large acre accounts. The finger tip persion control & Forward speed (cruise control) reduces operator fatigue no "pushing" your arms forward like other ZTR's. The only negative, I waited 7 years to purchase a WALKER MT, and their not a heavy rough cut mower; however you can rough cut if your careful