Walker mower needs a stator

kenneth2222

LawnSite Member
i have a walker mtgs mower with a 26 hp Koehler engine. Charging system blows fuse immediately disconnected connector from stator to voltage regulator. I have continuity to ground on both stator wires. Pretty sure stator is shorted. My question is: Can I replace stator without pulling engine. I have replace two stators on two Koehler engines before but they were on leaf vacuums. They were easy to get to.

tlc23

LawnSite Member
i have a walker mtgs mower with a 26 hp Koehler engine. Charging system blows fuse immediately disconnected connector from stator to voltage regulator. I have continuity to ground on both stator wires. Pretty sure stator is shorted. My question is: Can I replace stator without pulling engine. I have replace two stators on two Koehler engines before but they were on leaf vacuums. They were easy to get to.
You’ll have to pull the engine but it’s really easy. I can have mine out in about 15 minutes.
Mine is out right now just to replace a coil. You can’t get the shroud off with it in the mower.

OP
K

kenneth2222

LawnSite Member
Thank you for reply. My friend and I pulled the engine last night. Fan shroud is off. We will pull flywheel and change stator tonight. Thank you for your reply!