1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bsco03, Dec 15, 2009.

1. bsco03

bsco03 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys

new to the forum. . . a year in with my own business 5 years experience.

looking to get a Walker Mower

don't know much about them started with a 21" push mower then a 33" walk behind now have a 48" bobcat walk behind

i am looking to buy a 2001 Walker Mower the 3 wheel kind... whats a good offer price it runs decks a little beat up its been sitting in the weather for a year trying not to break the bank on the purchase.

Let me know thank you

brian

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Define the details as to what the mower is.

3. Greenleaf Lawns

Greenleaf Lawns LawnSite Member

I am a big Walker brand fan

that said I'd be very concerned about any mower that had been sitting outside for a year

I know some do it but it is very hard on bearings, bushes, rubber parts and etc.

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

make sure you look over the mower really closely and make sure there is no rust of anything major wrong with it. To be sitting outside for a year isnt too good for it

5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 01. bought new. I would look for a later model 03 and up.

I had a problem with the fuel system. The 01 has a bottom feed. Later

models have a top feed. Walker has an upgrade kit which I installed. after

season. Also 03 and up are powder coated not painted. Ed

6. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

ours sits outside most all the time , rain can cause cosmetic damage to the seat ,dry it out and crack , box will be fine. the bearings on the caster could be an issue , polish the shafts with a SOS pad and dry and grease, same for the wheel dearings , you can get all the bearings at a parts house for penneys compaired to walker prices. the 3 rd wheel you can just change it to a sealed bearing in it , all outher bearings will be fine if greased , also check that the steering levers move , if they hang your ok ,if they are stuck it will take time . all of the unit can be self fixed in time without major cost to you . also pull the 2 deck pins and see if the deck carrier frame will slide ,it may seize up , heat it with a torch to remove and polish and grease . i have bought them for $975.oo and after a week they ran out great .