walker mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Omahatiger, May 15, 2019.

1. Omahatiger

Omahatiger LawnSite Member

I Hey. I have a walker mower. 26efi. Model #MTGHS. Serial #98450. Kohler engine C735-3011. I have replaceied fuel pump. Seems to be working. Mower still wont crank. I was told to check fuel pressure. Where exactly is portal to check fuel pressure? Thanks in advance.

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Fanatic

Here is the service manual for your engine. “Mower wont crank” to me means engine wont turn over. Does the engine turn over but wont start ? In either case, look at the applicable section of the manual and it will guide you what to do.
    http://www.kohlerengines.com/engines/onlinecatalog/pdf/sm_24_690_01.pdf

Cam15, Breezmeister and hort101 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Omahatiger

Mower wont start. Turns over fine

4. Walker56

Have you checked for spark? There are troubleshooting charts in the manual

5. OP
    OP
    Omahatiger

Ive checked everything but the fuel pressure. I need to exactly where to hook the guage up to test to pressure?

6. Walker56

First determine which EFI system you have , ECH or Bosch. Then go to the applicable section and it will tell you where to hook up the fuel pressure gauge

7. OP
    OP
    Omahatiger

It is a Bosch. I need a picture or diagram show where to hook up the gauge. It is not in the manual

8. Walker56

On page 48 you will see a picture of the fuel rail. There is a little bump on the picture. The fuel rail is not that big so you should see it. It looks like a shrader valve on a tire.

hort101 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Omahatiger

Yeah I saw that. I need to know where the fuel rail is located on the engine? I mechanically inclined but can’t seem to find it?

10. OP
    OP
    Omahatiger

How big is it?