1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I am training to own my landscaping company at my agricultural high school. Today we went out for the first time and got some experience driving the Walkers. I must say... Quick, Efficient and Very Very Easy to operate. I think this is a Top-Notch Mower!! :cool2:

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

They make a nice product. You will find other mowers that have a faster transport speed though. They are great if you'll be bagging everything. I like the idea of all the interchangable decks and implements. We were pushing hard for these at the school district.

3. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

I also just test drove one. It is by far the easiest to operate mower that I've demoed that doesn't tear the lawn. Who cares about the extra 1-3 mph that you don't get from a larger mower. 20 hp, 48" cut was just awesome. I'm a solo operator and effort and quality are all on my shoulders. I might get it!

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Great mowers guys. I can attest to that as I have owned 4 of them coming up on 10 years this May.

26HP Efi unit now. They work great when you have to maintain a tightly landsacped property that needs bagging. Amazing with spring/fall cleanups too. Not really the quickest, but they aren't engineered to be. That is what the ZTR's are for !

5. davis

davis LawnSite Member

first year with my walker 20/48 bagged some leaves for 2 hours. lawn looked great. thank you .thank you from the client and picked up the neighbor