1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

walker problems

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawnrangeralaska, Aug 17, 2006.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

my machines service engine light is on and not sure waht to do. i guess i could change the oil, but it is only 30 hours away from needing it and the air filter was fine.

2. above all

above all LawnSite Member

I've been told that if that light is on, you might have only 5-10 pounds of pressure in your crank case. The only time i've seem mine on was when i changed my oil and only put one qt back in, ran the machine for a few days before the light saved my azz. Good luck Do tell us what you find.

3. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

i changed the oil today and installed a new filter, this machine still has the light on and i checked the air filter and it didnt seem that dirty. i even removed the instrument panel and disconnected the light and re connected while i was installing a new light switch for my walker lights.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm assuming its the EFI that has the light on as there arent many others that have a set up like this. Take the O2 sensor out and check to see if its clean. I had it happen once and just blew compressed air into the sensor. It did the trick. Now I know that there is a way to get the codes out of the mower by using the key. There is also a link somewhere on this site to find what the codes mean and I will look around for it.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

6. above all

above all LawnSite Member

Wow, Mr. MOW ED you are gold. Infomation and directions from good people like you is Pricele$$. Thank you.