Walker S18

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Centex Aeration, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Centex Aeration

Centex Aeration LawnSite Member

Has anyone priced out a Walker S18 lately? I was thinking about getting one along with a 42 mulching deck.

sjessen likes this.
  2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Seems to me they are mid 9's with the deck. You realize that you can not isolate the blower from the deck on the S. The shaft that runs both, A model C is the best option for swapping decks.

sjessen likes this.
  3. Centex Aeration

Thanks for the reply, I did not know that. I will look itto the B and C models; not too interested in the collection system.

4. Green Living

Green Living LawnSite Member
    from Alberta

If you don't need collection just look at B model. It is lighter and more nimble. You also have less parts that can go wrong.

5. Centex Aeration

Any idea on a price for the B19 with deck?

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

I paid 9332 + tax for a B23 northwest edition with a M42. I got a smoking deal as it sat all season on the dealers floor., that location everybody wants the GHS's. I think what you are looking at will be close. Where are you located. If you are anywhere near Atlanta......Masters.....

sehitchman likes this.
  7. Centex Aeration

Central Texas near Austin. I would jump at that deal.

8. Centex Aeration

we have a dealer that has price listed for b18 or 19 for about $9600. McCoyslawn.com I was thinking that is for the tractor only but based on what you are saying a deck may be included.

sjessen likes this.
  9. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I was pretty interested in getting an s18 series this spring but I ended up going a different route I was going to buy it without deck because I have so many different size decks. I could have bought just mower without deck for a little over 7000 with deck probaby 9 to 10 the only thing I would have to do is buy different spout and put on deck because s18 blower fan pretty much in center where mc series is off to side. I ran one at walker reunion days it was a nice machine. If I was going to get deck with s18 I would have probably spent the extra money and went with mc but like has been said I would go with the b series if your not bagging at all

Walker56 likes this.
  10. Centex Aeration

It looks like I can get the B23i with 42 mulch deck for about 10,600 Or B19 for 1k less. Both sales reps I spoke to seemed confused about buying non collection units. I am guessing Walkers are primarily collection units.