1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Speed Up Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aaron Marshall, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

Hey everyone-
    Last week I posted a thread about the walker speed-up kit, and I was responded with "don't do it." Well, all the horror stories that were written made me switch back to the stock pulley until I could contact my dealer about it. I called them yesterday and I was told that the new walkers already have a speed up kit in them, on the engine pulley. But I was told that the speed up kit I ordered was the correct one for a new walker, and It would not burn out my pumps, and would still be covered by warrenty. So I put the pulley back on and off I go. Hope this gives a little help to walker owners!

P.s. I don't want any replys to this thread about how the walker is still too slow and to just buy a mid mount z, I love my walker and am very happy with it, thank you very much.:mad:

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I would never take my speed up kit off!
    it's been on 1500 hours so far no problems.
    As far as the hoppers, I saw the pictures too, but I don't need them.
    I like the chipper and deck adjustment gizmos though... something for the next one!

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the speed up kit, and love my walkers too :)

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I told you the same thing Aaron but its good that you contacted Jerry and he set you straight.

As was said above, I wouldn't take the kit off of my machine. Have fun at Point!

5. tonym10

tonym10 LawnSite Member
    from pa

Can I use a speed up kit on my 98 Model C 16hp Walker?

6. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member