walker stripes

Kennedy Landscaping

LawnSite Fanatic
I've seen St. Augustine cut with a string trimmer striped better than that.
Yeah, no offense man but I wouldn't have left the jobsite looking like that...

Mikegyver

LawnSite Bronze Member
A green jeans 509 snip: "Alright the euip in those pics look at least commercial grade and all but I need to side with the other guy. I dont know anyone here personally but I run a 48 walker and you can make some very nice lines in bermuda grass or for where i'm at any grass for that matter. With those lines in the pic with the big rider nothing personal but you'd be outta biz here i'm not sure if even commercial accounts would allow that. If your there for the $ thats fine but I wouldn't personally take pride in that quality. I dont know how your mowing but if you cant make nice lines or trim without scalping in my opinion not a pro"

From my picture thread. Those stripes are not very straight or even width. I run a 48 scag cougar and it looks better than that and we cannot hardly stripe grass here. Just don't say bad things about other people's work when those not much better.
Mike

idealscape

LawnSite Member
My picture is in NO WAY AN EXAMPLE OF NICE TURF!!! But after never using a walker for 19 years, I hopped on someones and did this with it. I couldnt keep it very straight but for the most part it turned out ok I guess.

Your stripes may need a little help, but keep practicing and you'll get it. Dont pay any mind to the negativity...just do your best and it'll come around.

walker.JPG

zak406

LawnSite Bronze Member
best investment for the walker ever is the tail wheel lock, with that you would have to be an idiot not to keep your lines straight!

alexschultz1

LawnSite Bronze Member
:laugh: looks good to me. i never have enough time or patience to focus on getting everything perfect. cut, edge, trim, blow, ADIOS

GQLL

LawnSite Senior Member
This was a cut last friday at my property with my 48 walker. this is not the best but half way decent in to december

12-9-11.jpg

Last edited: