1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Walker walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJ Lawn, Jun 24, 2000.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Give it time to evolve. Did you ever see the pics of the early Walkers?<br>My question is - If you put the GHS deck on can you collect the clippings in a backpack that you wear?

2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Amen on the evolution reply, this unit looks like something one would purchase at a farm supply store. Walker needs to do some more homework on walkbehinds before they launch production on this thing. MHO, Lynn

3. paddy

paddy LawnSite Member

it looks kinda like a gravely, i'm guesing it has a horizontal shaft engine. where are the thumb locks for the handles? i think the tail wheel would make it harder to pull it back, cause most of the time when i pull my walkbehind back at a turn, i lift the front off a little. the handles do look weak, and it I don't see an easy place to adjust the belt tension

4. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I really think that walker will do alot of changes before release.Have you ever seen the picture of the first prototype walker???If you have you will know what i'm talking about!!!!!I really hope they take there time!!!!Making a crappy machine could kill there rep.<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got to try one out today.<br>Very different! Hydro with chain drive.<br>If you go backwards too quickly the drive unit rises up in the air. Drive unit and deck pivot, similar to the riders.<br>The third wheel? I kept stepping on it as I walked.<br>I'll add more later...got to go<br>