1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rodney Johns, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

Just had to mention one of the coolest things I have seen in the industry in a while. Just tested out the new Walker by Walker at my dealer meeting a while back. WOW! this thing has the easiest operation I have seen in a walk behind to date. Easy to operate and very efficient. It also has the capabilty to interchange decks with the Walker riders which is a neat feature. Plus it still has the tilt up deck use. Check one out if you are in the Walk behind market for sure. This thing is going to be a seller.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What, no pics?:cry:

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I got to test drive it at the GIE and yes, I was impressed with the controls. I just love the idea of using a switch that controls the forward position. Bob said that right now they only offer it with a 15hp KAW. There is no way that will operate a 52" mulching deck. He said that retail price will be $3800.

MATT

walkbehindpress[1].jpg

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

your right.theres noway 15hp is enough.i'd want at least 19 and preferably a 21 if i was goig to do alot of mulching with a 52.

5. walker-talker

from Midwest

Actually, I am side discharging with that deck, but it is running doubles and I still don't think that is enough hp.

MATT

6. rodfather

15 hp is not enough, especially with a mulching deck. BTW, is this WB a hydro or belt driven?

I like the $3800 price tag.

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

Hydro. That price tag does not include a deck.

MATT

8. rodfather

Then, how much for the deck and what size(s) are available?

9. walker-talker

from Midwest

I paid $1650 for a used, flip up 52" deck. I think the new 42" mulching deck runs about $1200 new, if I am not mistaken.

MATT

10. rodfather

Excuse me for my ignorance walker-talker, but what is a flip-up deck? Walker mowers are virtually non-existent in these parts of the woods.