1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker with KUbota Gas Engine?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mcambrose, Aug 22, 2007.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I have found a very reasonable price on a walker mower with KUbota gas (not diesel) engine. Does anyone have good or bad experience with these. It is the water cooled engine. The only thing I had a concern about was the extra 100 lbs. I didn't know if they adversely affected mower agility. Does it make it a lot worse on hills? I thought it is supposed to be a great engine.

2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, the kub gaser should be a good unit . Although i do not know the hp etc . The kub gasser is a relative engine of the diesel . Refer kubota web site.Way way better than kohler as u can rebuild the engines fully .
    Be aware walker have had there reasonable share of problems with radiater fans ,temp guages and fan control modules .

tomo:waving:

3. Lawdog302

Lawdog302 LawnSite Member

I have had 2 of these machines and they are still in the family. They are very good machines, but they do struggle more on hillsides. If it's meant to have a side discharge deck(like a 62) it would be great. Fans and modules have been issues but if they are working correctly, it is a good system. Sure beats wiping grass off a screen every couple of minutes.

4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer with a 3 cylinder gas in a Grasshopper and he loves it, runs very smooth and has lots of power. I have replaced some ignition parts in the distributor and the main coil. Also replaced the front and rear crank seals but nothing MAJOR......yet:laugh: