1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mole, May 11, 2005.

1. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Does anybody have the extended lifter on the walker that lifts up the hopper to your bed of the truck?. looking at getting a walker and adding this on. wondering how sturdy this piece is.

2. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

They built it like they build everything else, its sturdy!!

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I haven't seen them, but I was talking with the eXmark dealer the other day about the new navigator. He said until eXmark comes out with their own lift system, he was going to purchase a few of the Walker units to put on the Navigator. He said he was inpressed and were a very good system.

4. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

I used one this spring while mine was being repaired. The system worked very well. I load my debris with a loader so I don't have much use for it but it is a very cool option. My understanding is that it is much cheaper to order the lift on a new machine instead of adding it later.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

What size of loader do you use (how many hp) and do you suck it right out of the hopper or dump it first. I am looking to a dump bed insert or add a hoist to my current truck bed. I have a 16hp Lesco loader already that I use on my grain truck for spring scalpings and fall cleanups.

6. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Walkers holding out for more money and Favres not happy and that makes 2 of us!