Walker ?

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Anybody know how to adjust the parking brake so it actually does its job. Right now I set the brake and it still creeps. If its on a down slope and the mower is n neutral and the brake is on, it still rolls. Which leads to another ?. How do you adjust it so it does not creep.

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
anybody..........???????

joemower

LawnSite Member
Sounds like you may have a steering lever adjustment problem. There are two rods at the base of your steering levers that run from the lever to the linkage on the hydro pump. There is a 7/16 or 1/2 nut adjustment nut on the end of each rod. If you turn the nut in or out it will limit or allow the flow of the pump. Adjust each side until your mower stops creeping.

It's been a while since I have dealt with the parking break but I do believe that there is not much to adjust there. It's basically two cables that control a valve pin on the pumps. Typically they either work or don't work. If your machine still rolls when it is engaged you probably should just replace the cables. The cable tend to stretch or corrode so new ones would be the best option.

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
thanks i think i found what i need. now i just have to find a chance to do it. i was thinking i was going to be off tomorrow but i have to do a garden. proab will take about n hour

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Well, I took the time today and changed the blades and adjusted the steering. Now it drives straight like it should and it didn't creep. Ill find out better when I get a full day of cutting in and the hydro fluid is hot. As far as I can tell the parking brake is holding, IDK. When I set it and try to push it forward it does not move. But I am able to drive around with it until I realize its engaged.

joemower

LawnSite Member
Well, I took the time today and changed the blades and adjusted the steering. Now it drives straight like it should and it didn't creep. Ill find out better when I get a full day of cutting in and the hydro fluid is hot. As far as I can tell the parking brake is holding, IDK. When I set it and try to push it forward it does not move. But I am able to drive around with it until I realize its engaged.
Glad to see you were able to fix the creeping problem. Definitely sounds like brake cables are bad too. If you are able to drive with it engaged they aren't working. You won't be able to push you Walker unless the lockout levers on the hydro pumps are raised. So with those two symptoms it really looks like your cables are bad. No worries they're easy to replace.