1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walkie Talkies UHF Radio units

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kandklandscape, Jan 9, 2008.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

What kind do most of you use? We are looking to get approx 4-8 of them for this year. Must be UHF 4 watt units, do not know much at all about radios other then how to use them. We already found a tower that we can lease from. Any ideas about walkie talkies guys?

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I keep a pair in each truck , motorola.We used to find easy 3 channel ones from radio shack they weresimple with few options and worked great. They stopped slling them and since we have gone with multy channel multi option ones that area a pita, sometimes when putting them in your pocket you will accidentaly hit the lock button, or if it gets hit to another channel . Ihate em.

3. onecross

onecross LawnSite Member

I use Motorola XTN series XU2600 radios for work and play. really work great. i have about about 15 extras if you are interested in them. send me a PM

-OneCross

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

try this place i have boughhttp://www.scannerworld.com/content/product/category/Commercial%20Radiost a few things from them if they dont have what you are looking for pm me my wifes uncle is a "relm" dealer they are pretty good rarios for a decent price.

5. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member