1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Walkway estimate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Ocutter, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back from a customers house. He wants a walkway put in from his driveway to the back patio. The conditions are: 1) an 8 ft drop between the two points. 2) soil isnt bad, easily workable. Wanted to get an idea on what you would charge for this. I plan to use EP henry brickstone (about $2.05/ s.f). The walkway itself would be 2.5' x 130'. The steps would be made of 6x6x8 unless theres a better way. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

i would use a nice block to make those steps rather than timbers... as for the walkway... why only 2.5' wide? thats rather narrow for a walkway... in any event i'd be about a minimum of $8.00 a sq. on that walkway saying its a absolute cake walk... and be as high as $15.00 if it looks like a nightmare of a job. as for the steps.... using a nice block with a cap (2.5' step)... figure about $100.00 a step maybe. But i'd increase that walkway to atleast 3' but would perfer 4'.

3. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Hey PAPS thanks for the info. I figured 2.5' because he sounded like he was toying with the idea and was just price shopping. I came close to you, the 315 s.f. job was priced @ 10.33 per s.f. Just wanted to 2x check. What kind of blocks would you use for the steps? Let me know th page # in the EP Henry catalog if you have it. Thanks.

4. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use EP Henry products because they are no readily available in my area yet, so I use a lot of Techo bloc Creta/mini creta to build steps. 10.33 a sq.ft sounds like a good number to me on that...