1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

WAM Value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have searched everything and my dealer doesn't price such big mowers and I called his supplier and they said they would have to look at it or I have to bring it to them. That is a 4 hour trip.

What I have is a Toro 455-D. Relativily in good shape. Paint is great, no dents, a few tree branch scratches, Front tires are 50%, back are 75%. Diesel engine, mows great, 3500 hours, rops are off, but can re-install. 1998

2. meets1

I know there are few of you guys on this site with info about this mower. No one has an idea - must be like myself!

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to check out www.turfnet.com. Under the equipment section look at outfront mowers. There's usually at least a couple 455's along with AR-250's, 580-D's, etc...

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Meets -

If you can, look up MTI Distributing here in Minneapolis, MN. They're the big company that handles all the WAM's in this market.

To give your SOMETHING of an idea, when I picked up my Toro 4100 last fall, I called these guys. I asked them if $15k was a good price, they told me it was worth $17-24k, depending on the shape.

Now this one only has 321 hours at the time, so yours will be less. I'd say around $10k.

http://www.machinefinder.com//resul...=0&pageseq=733824&intRedir=1138372800.4199431 You'll have to do the conversion to get it to US dollars.

If you do a google search for used Toro 455, you'll see some others as well, about $7,500+ range.

5. meets1

Hey thanks for the info. Much needed. I will check there website right after I get off Lawnsite. Thanks again.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Meets -

Let me know if you talk with anyone about your WAM, or if you do end up selling it.

I just found out that the school I do now, I guess I asked for too much of a raise, because it's going back out for bid.

If I lose it, I might as well dump this WAM I bought last fall.

I'm just curious as to how much you got / get for yours.

Thanks.