Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build a nice spray setup but don't want to pay big bucks for all of the parts. What would be an ideal setup for a one ton flatbed and where can I get the parts? I have the truck but would need tanks, pumps, hoses, spray guns, engines, reels, etc. I have tried Rittenhouse and they seem to have everything you would need but I am sure there are others out there. I live in Washington State and would like something close to me but I would definitely ship if need be. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
i wanted to do the same thing but found after all the time it would take to build i bought one. plus the fright to ship all the parts wasent cheep either. how big of a sprayer do u want?
i run lesco sprayers and they work great and if i have a problem they can get me the part i need fast.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
You sure you want to be spraying?

This does not apply to you, but it may one day.

In New York State

If you are spraying a pesticide from a container larger than 16oz. and that it is pressurized. You have to provide prenotification to periferal properties of the one you are sparying..

Meaning.........

If you spray a home front and back. You have to prenotify no less than I think it is 5 days prior to your spraying, the neighbors to the left and right and the 3 behind the house.

that is for lawn and shrub/tree spraying. No one here has those big spray rigs anymore. Cause this prenotification has been heavily pushed down peoples throats each spring for the last couple years.

Tree sprayers, at least a friend of mine uses prenotification exempt chemicals, they are soaps and oils.

Organics can be sprayed with no prenotification.

If we have this on the books, you bet this silly doo - doo will spread elsewhere. Just like the blower ban.

The moral here is Big spray rigs full of pesticides is no longer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess True Green Chemlawn went out of business in your area then. I don't think that mentality will spread for a long time to come. The laws where you live are just like California's. I think people are waking up to the corrupt laws New York and California are sprewing out daily. If we wanted to live in a communist country we would all move to China. I think at least for the next 40 years I should be able to make some money with one of these setups. But is it better than granular? Any more insight would be appreciated.

Josh

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Originally posted by ProLandscapes
I was thinking something like a 325 gallon setup with eletric reel. How many sq ft. would that cover.

Josh
i spray from a 100gal tank i usually spray 90oz per 1000sq ft
and a tank full last all day. however everyone has a different approach to how much to spray per 1000 sq ft. if u have never used a big tank don't mix up more than u can use in a day.
plus u have 325 gal of liquid sloshing around in a truck hope it is a big truck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 3/4 ton Chevy with 1 ton springs, rubber overloads and load range E tires. Is that going to be enough for the weight or should I buy a bigger truck/downsize the spray rig? PJ, how many lawns do you do in a day. We have 132 people on our fertilizing program.

Josh

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
It will cost you right around $2000 just for the parts to build a 200 gallon system with gas engine and power rewind hose reel.

Then you add another $4-500 for the skid frame...

You might as well buy one, than have to drill holes in a tank ($35 hole saw) build the skid frame, and all the other associated with building a system.

Buy one and put it to work that day.

·
Registered
171 Posts
GF I saw your post on another website in regard to spray setups. We are in the process of finishing our first setup and starting to build our second setup. Our first setup has a 325 gallon tank and our second will have a 550 gallon tank. Our biggest expense so far has been the pump which cost us $383.00 with shipping. It's a 5.5 hp honda with a 3" discharge.

If you want a good source for parts check out www.dultmeier.com
then figure out what parts you will need and go to the worlds online garage sale, Ebay.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by The Good Earth
$383.00 with shipping. It's a 5.5 hp honda with a 3" discharge.

Maybe on ebay, but that's a centrifugal pump not a D30.
Note the 3" discharge.

The 5,5 Honda costs that much about everywhere.

A D252 with gear reduction and reg you can get for about $350 and it's perfect for lawn care.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The reason we went with the centrifugal pump was versatility. It was for no other reason than that. A couple of Banjo cam locks and we can move the pumps all around. They don't have to be dedicated to our sprayer. In hindsight our next pump will have a 2" discharge to save money on reducer fittings. But that is just us being cheap. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good earth,

Do you use that for lawn spraying? Are you talking about a little honda trash/water pump? It actually sounds like a good idea but it seems like you would have allot of back pressure and pump wear. Either that or to much product is going down.

Josh

·
Registered
171 Posts
For lawn spraying the only thing you need to add is a pressure regulating valve. We use a tee jet control with the on/off switch and the water filled pressure regulating gauge. The whole kit with controller, on/off solenoid valve and a pressure regulating valve is $199.50. That is only for one discharge. They also make a 3 discharge kit for $288.00. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.