• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Want to get Certified in Georgia.

Zaro T Man

LawnSite Member
I am looking for information on getting Certified for applying chemicals to lawns here in Georgia, I live up in Northwest Georgia (Dalton Area) in case that makes a difference. I want to do this not only to be legal but I think it will give me a wider spread of things I can do to make my business grow.

Anyone from Georgia on here that might be able to point me in the direction of where to go to get materials I need to study and such?

Thanks.

GTP

LawnSite Member
Go to your local county extension office. They should have some training materials and they will give you the address for obtaining the study manuals. They should also provide you with a list of test sites/dates. You will have to take two exams. One is general knowledge and is pretty simple. The other will be specific for ornamental & turf. This one is a lot tougher and will require a good bit of studying.

OP
Z

Zaro T Man

LawnSite Member
Thanks GTP, I stumbled into the info a couple of days after posting this. Personally I think Georgia is crazy in they way they do things. If I understand everything correctly you have to become a certified applicator to spray the chemicals but you can't charge for it, in order to charge you also have to have a contractors card.. Humm.. Oh well. I will be ordering my study material tomorrow to go along with a 5.5 hour video the guy at the ext. office gave me to help. I have also been checking into prices for me insurance as well.