• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Want to learn more about outdoor kitchens.

Doster's L & L

LawnSite Senior Member
I got a call from this lady who wants a "simple" (this may be a loaded word) Outdoor kitchen. She wants a colored concrete patio and she wants a veneered wall to enclose her wheeled grill. While we discussed all she wanted, I mentioned to her, why not also have a sink with plumbing and the works. I have worked with concrete making patios before, and i've also built retaining walls, but i've not bricked and veneered anything, nor do i have much experience with plumbing.

My question is, will reading a book help me to give her all she wants with an outdoor kitchen? Or am I going to be better off subbing some of the other work that I don't know much about and try to learn from them as they work on this project?

Thanks for your valued opinions.

Toy2

LawnSite Bronze Member
HGTV will have an all day special on outdoor kitchens tomorrow, this might help with ideas.

I will start my own outdoor kitchen tomorrow if rain lets up, it will be an L shape with a built in grill, plenty of counter space, using tile on top, not sure if i will brick the sides or stucco it with tile accents. As for water, I will tie into the outside hosebib.

Good luck.