1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted; 48" walkbehind, Close to Kansas

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Jason Rose, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Hi guys, figure I'll start the 1,000th 48" walkbehind wanted thread!:)

But that's what I'm looking for. I'm open to about any brand I suppose. Would prefer hydro, but a newer belt drive would probably work too. Float deck or one that has a bit easier height adjustment too it a plus. Also would need a catcher, but I can always find one later. I already have a single wheel velke, so I'm set for that!

This is to be a "back-up" mower, for use if my main rider has a problem for the day or when I have a helper and need 2 larger units to run. Not planning on having this machine be used more than 8 hours a week ever.

I'm in Hutchinson, Kansas. No need to reply if you are 200+ miles away unless you know you can ship and it's cheap! I think my budget is $1,500. Iv'e looked in Wichita at 4 different large dealers and none have anything decent at all...

PM me or just leave a message here. Thanks for the help! :waving:

2. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

there is a great dane 48" walk behind on ebay that is a really good price at the moment. it is in harrisonville, missouri which isn't far from olathe at all. i have one just like it and my guys love it.

3. Jason Rose

Thanks for the link, handle set up on that machine looks stout to say the least. Love the ZTR style contols and the bull rider, would make that machine very similiar to a stander! I have it on "watch" on my ebay.

Unfortuneately I DO need to get my older Dixon sold first. Can't go dipping anymore out of the already dwindling bank account! of course If I can get that Dane for under 1200 to 1500 I'll have to bid and figure out the $$ later, lol.

Anyone else?

4. Jason Rose

Bump! Anyone have anything? Checked Ebay, if I lived in the northeast I'd have my picks of every brand, but living here it's very limited. that great dane looks good, but I still haven't been able to sell my spray rig OR my ztr yet...

5. johng

johng LawnSite Member

A local dealer in KC has three new Great Dane hydro walk behinds at a very fair price. Combined with 0% for three years it would be pretty easy on the wallet.
    JohnG

6. Jason Rose

Thanks John. once I get my Dixon sold I may have to check that out!

Also I should expand my search into the 52" size as well. I lack about an inch of getting that onto the trailer (side gate) but some cutting and grinding on there would get it to fit... If I could find a 50" model, that would be perfet! but those old gravely machines are few and far between (only 50" WB Iv'e ever seen) and are probably far from being a good machine by todays standards...

7. paolaken

how much did the one on ebay sell for? i missed the auction end.
    dirty jobs was in hutch doing a show at the hutch salt mine last night.

8. Jason Rose

THe auction for the Dane was pulled early, guess the guy thought it wasn't going high enough... I was watching it and it vanished!

I also cought the Salt mine episode! That was very cool, especialy since that is under my house, lol.

9. GBLC

GBLC LawnSite Member

I know of someone selling a 48 exmark/ hydro/ floating deck, it is old style (pistol grip handles), but still runs good. They also have an additional 48 that has a blown mower to go with it. I am not sure but, I think he wants 800 for them both. Let me know if you are interested. They are located in columbia, MO

10. paolaken

the dane is back on ebay.