1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

warranties?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HLM86, Oct 24, 2005.

1. HLM86

HLM86 LawnSite Member

Toro has a 1 year limited, exmark has a 2 year limited. Would the one year warranty on toro keep yall form considering buying one? I am demoing an exmark now and like it, and since toro and exmark are basically the same thing and exmark has a better warranty, im leaning towards exmark.

2. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think Toro & Exmark are the same, I know that Toro owns Exmark, but Ford owns Jaguar and Land Rover and there not the same as a Crown Vic. or Explorer. Just my 2cents. In my town I get such great service from my dealer, I mean great. Most times they fix it while I wait. I also like being able to pickup the phone and be talking to the factory person in a min. Having them on the phone working with you through a problem. :)

3. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

The above comment was/is not intended to be a smart-alecky remark.
    Thanks, littlenic:waving:

4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

toro and exmark are not the same, toro owns exmark, they are 2 seperate companies, though a lot of parts are very similar/same?

I guess apart from the cosmetic and other easy to spot differences, the biggest one is the decks.

why toro only offer 1 year beats me, their products are good.

whatever you buy, make sure the dealer is top notch, a dealer can basically make you or break you, that means more than an extra years warrantee imo.

both great brands.....exmark has got new decks out now I heard....