Warranty on annual flower

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Cisco's Landscaping Inc, Aug 15, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Cisco's Landscaping Inc

Cisco's Landscaping Inc LawnSite Member

I would be more willing to work with a flower box or two but this is 26 flats of annuals..

2. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

That's rough.

From my perspective it's hard to say what to do. I know we have clients we'd eat this for if it's not a common thing, but for most we'd stop all service until it's resolved.

There's an in between too offering a big discount.

If it's our show and we fail to notice an issue until damage is done we're going to make it right.

Who's responsible for irrigation? Have you seen the plants lately?

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Cisco's Landscaping Inc

Cisco's Landscaping Inc LawnSite Member

This is a difficult customer to please overall. I did see the flowers about a month ago.. Recommended he water more they were dry .. Not dead dry but need more frequent waterings.. We fertilized them about a week after that at no charge to him. I feel as if he was stringing us along until I called about his past due amount. Then hes not happy with any of the services we have been providing and not paying for the flowers..
    He told me everyone warranties annual flowers which was news to me.. So I thought I would ask you all if you do..

That Guy Gary and hort101 like this.
  4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

He never planned on paying. This is a classic trick to get out of paying in full.