Warranty service questions

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
I’m finding some fw15’s/sw15’s around the borders of SC. I’m considering making the trip happen and getting one as there’s none with casters anywhere even slightly near me.
How would the warranty work? I mean in practice not written. Will a local Ferris dealer have me waiting for eons while servicing the equipment they sold with me being a second class citizen? I’ve seen some owned by homeowners 3-400 miles away and not much cheaper. Might I be just as well trying to get a decent price and just handle anything that might happen myself?

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
I’m running a 36” Deere stander, Turfmaster and hrx217. The problem I’m having is I’m beating myself to near death using the Turfmaster on softer waterlogged properties and even the few small gates I service that are good accounts. I would say that I am expecting the fw15 to be endgame as far as those needs are concerned. I rarely if ever want for more cutting width then the 36”. What I do long for is a less torturous light footprint mower, as the fw15 at 280lbs on 5” wide drive tires with usable power.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
I’ll add that I reached out to the guy who sold me the Turfmaster because he was replacing his 30’s with a small fleet of fw15’s. He said that they were walking a lot of yards because of the recent rain and the fw15’s were far superior.

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Have you considered a 32-36" walk behind mower? I run a 36 wb gear drive for my little mower and its pretty easy to throw around and doesn't beat me up at all. I don't think it will work with your trailer setup.
Back on track, maybe if you knew who your sales rep for Ferris was they could line up a inventory trade and get one closer for you.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
Have you considered a 32-36" walk behind mower? I run a 36 wb gear drive for my little mower and its pretty easy to throw around and doesn't beat me up at all. I don't think it will work with your trailer setup.
Back on track, maybe if you knew who your sales rep for Ferris was they could line up a inventory trade and get one closer for you.
32-36 walk 5-600 lbs on 5-6” tires and fw15 280 on 5” tires. 36” won’t pass all gates I have. The rep comment is very helpful thanks I’ll see about it.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
New, in dealer showroom with revised casters for $3,299 + tax. Just outside the SC borderline in NC with warranty

51EF5F95-BC8B-4EE2-91C8-B46C6A4BC19F.png

Vs.
Homeowners at 30 hours with grass catcher for $3500 no tax and doesn’t seem willing to budge much on price. About the same 3 hour voyage out to get. Thoughts? We’re getting more rain as I write…

E9AC553C-4E61-4BFF-B69C-46CB78CE465C.png

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
New, in dealer showroom with revised casters for $3,299 + tax. Just outside the SC borderline in NC with warranty

View attachment 452793

Vs.
Homeowners at 30 hours with grass catcher for $3500 no tax and doesn’t seem willing to budge much on price. About the same 3 hour voyage out to get. Thoughts? We’re getting more rain as I write…

View attachment 452794
Knowing whether or not the warranty transfers is key. A lot of times a manufacturer will warrant failures on everything but the engine.

If the warranty does not transfer I'd go new.

Top Forums