• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Warranty wording...

mrusk

LawnSite Gold Member
What wording do you guys use for your warranties in your contracts? If someone could PM me there wording ASAP that be great!

Thanks

Matt

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Our warranty sheet is seperate from our proposal.

Proposals say "x many years warranty, blah, blah, blah.....(see warranty sheet for details).

jrlandscaping781

LawnSite Member
I have the same question. Looking to get into hardscaping this year. When you say that you warranty your job (retainig wall, paver work, etc) what are the details of what or how much? For example...pavers will not sink more than 1/4" in one or more areas? Retainig wall will not move more than *** .

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
ummm....pavers should NEVER "sink", with the exception of movement during winter freeze cycles...

GroundScapesIncorporated

LawnSite Senior Member
ICPI says that all interlocking concrete pavers should settle approx 1/16" over the entire system over time. Thats why they recommend finishing the pavement a 1/16 higher than other obstacles that you meet.

jrlandscaping781

LawnSite Member
OK...pretend I am the customer....Mr Landscaper, you tell me that you warranty your hardscaping work for 2 yrs. What is it exactly that you are guaranteeing and what is the criteria of what is acceptable or not. ( I believe the answer to this is what the original post was wanting for clarification)

Drafto

LawnSite Senior Member
6 year warranty against all flat work from settling or sinking more than 1/4" over 8 ft, also covers walls and steps for the same (yada, yada) and against all walls from failure due to installers workmanship (blah, blah) It really is not that tough. Tell your attorney the main points and he will add the boiler plate to fill it in.

Dan