Was I ripped off on my Exmark Turf Tracer repair?

HenryB

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm thinking this is not fair. Removed and cleaned the carb on a 20hp Kohler Command. $280 sounds a little crazy to me. Says he changed the fuel pump too "to be safe".

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
Did he tell you before about the pump or call you before installing it?

Did they just do it after you took it to them and say please fix?

Lots of variables provide more info pls......

I know my ex-dealer charged my friend $260 for a MTD belt and pulley that came off 60secs into mowing when he got home so he called me told me about it went over and took it apart checked it they left hardware loose and did not even put the belt in the guide. It's a damn box mower had it fixed in less than 10mins still has not came back loose that was 2mths ago.

JimQ

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm thinking this is not fair. Removed and cleaned the carb on a 20hp Kohler Command. $280 sounds a little crazy to me. Says he changed the fuel pump too "to be safe".

Sounds kinda steep but to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, how is the bill broken down?

If you can give me the engine model and spec, I can tell you what retail prices are on the Kohler stuff.

Me personally, I would have charged 1 hour to clean the carburetor and hang a new fuel pump. Shop rate here is $60/hr. Seems like a Command fuel pump is $55. So around here, it would have been about $125 bill.

Q

Restrorob

LawnSite Fanatic
Rebuild kit list at $42.29 + $55.00 fuel pump + $60.00 labor = $157.29 + couple bux shop supplies and tax......

Still way less than $280, So yeah...... You got ripped......

Oh...... I don't replace parts "just to be safe" either...... :dizzy:

They did replace the fuel filter right ?

Last edited:

Top Forums