1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wash siding of complex

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by allenoutdoor, Jun 26, 2005.

1. allenoutdoor

allenoutdoor LawnSite Member

have any of you ever cleaned siding before on a building. we have a customer that wants us to clean the siding of a small condo complex. i wouldn't even consider it, but the grass is pretty dry and we will be slow in a few weeks. what would you charge and how hard is it? any input would be great

2. VillageGreen

VillageGreen LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hey I haven't done it for customers, but I did it on our home, and it's really easy, and looks great when it's done. However if the wash surface is really dirty then you'll be there for quite a while depending on the size of the surface.

3. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

depending on the type of siding and the condition it is in, a pressure washer may be all you need.

4. MudFoot

MudFoot LawnSite Member

Correct. If it's the plastic-type siding I'd suggest using a pressure washer. Very simple task. If it's wood, I wouldn't use one though. You might chip off the paint, or chip the wood itself.

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I pressure wash the folks house every spring and fall. You would be amazed how dirty a house can get once you get done washing it and see how much better it looks. I do some power washing in the slow times of the summer, I dont like doing it, really hurts the old wrists with the pressure in the hose but money is money I guess. I prefer doing driveways, patios, and decks as opposed to houses, I charge an ass load for houses because well, I hate being on ladders and with water, ladders aint fun.